New Around Here?
Welcome to the small green plot of internet where Christina Rivera Cogswell sows word seeds.
This blog was started in 2001. That’s 99 in internet-years. So please don’t judge my early 20’s drivel. I’d make the archives disappear if I could. But the internet is the everlasting gobstopper of sentences. So I’m going to just swallow it and leave you with this disclaimer: it’s best to keep some distance from the older stuff. Rather, to stay on top of the world and literary adventures of Christina Rivera Cogswell, I recommend that you:
- Follow me on Instagram, where I share the most regular snapshots of life, tips, questions, and explorations.
- Sign up for email updates. No marketing-voice, I promise. Just a candid update here and there, from me to you.
- Head over to the Homepage for my most recent posts.
- Follow me on Facebook or Twitter. Which I don’t update often. But I will. If people insist.
As for the finished stuff (that I at least worked through with an editor) here’s a list of my published essays:
- Four Circles, Bat City Review (Literary Journal) Issue #14, 2018 (print publication)
- Hooded, Atticus Review
- Feral, Pacifica Literary Review 1st Place Contest Winner, Creative Nonfiction
- Oncoming, (forthcoming) at Catapult Magazine
- A Pilgrim Finds her Purpose, Matador Network, 2010 (online)
At this point in my writing career, I’m saving most my sentences for print publication, so you won’t find many polished paragraphs on the blog. The majority of my posts feature tips, lists, and anything bullet-point friendly. Here’s a few places to start: